A Brush with Kindness
A Brush with Kindness (ABWK) is a program that assists low-income families in repairing and renovating their homes so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes. We focus on assisting elderly, veteran families and those with limited mobility.
A Brush with Kindness projects include painting, landscaping, carpentry, and critical repair services that meet the criteria of aging in place. Informational Brochure is available here.
How does the program work?
- Habitat selects partner families based on income, need, and willingness to partner.
- Habitat affiliates use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low and take no profit for their services.
- A no-interest loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the project. Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help A Brush with Kindness serve others in need.
- This program would not be possible without the generosity of our sponsors.
Why does Habitat for Humanity offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods are revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved and our most vulnerable are allowed to age in place with dignity.
2023 ABWK Application with Survey (limited mobility and elderly)