Construction Site Supervisor
Employment Status: Full Time, Tuesday-Saturday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Pay Scale: Starting $25.00/Hour, Competitive Benefits Package
Reports to: Director of Construction
Supervises: Volunteers, Laborers, AmeriCorps members, Sub-Contractors
This position is responsible for overseeing Habitat for Humanity construction projects. The ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals is required. You will interact with AmeriCorps members, Civic/Faith/Corporate volunteers, Habitat partner families, city inspectors, and subcontractors. You will be leading crews of various ages and skill sets, while overseeing all of your construction project: deciphering blueprints, meeting local building codes, passing inspections, coordinating material deliveries and subcontractors, managing a build schedule, etc. You will work closely with the Director of Construction on scheduling and budget updates.
- Act as an on-site ambassador for the mission of Habitat for Humanity by demonstrating the core values of integrity, respect, teamwork and continuous improvement
- Supervise and train volunteers on the worksite and ensure they have a consistently positive experience
- Successfully utilize AmeriCorps members, laborers, and volunteer crew leaders to lead teams and keep the jobsite safe and productive
- Work in partnership with the future homeowners to ensure a meaningful jobsite experience and allow them complete sweat equity hours.
- Take charge of the construction project and oversee all activities on site from framing through acquiring a Certificate of Occupancy
- Effectively communicate and demonstrate to volunteers, contractors, and staff that safety is the first priority on the construction site
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures established by the affiliate are adhered to at all times, by everyone on the job sites
- Complete and keep First Aid/CPR certification up-to-date
- Complete and keep Habitat’s Competent Person certification up-to-date
- Manage each construction project to ensure completion in accordance with the schedule as set by the Construction Director
- Take control of project after foundation installed and lead volunteers and contractors in building homes
- Effectively communicate with AmeriCorps members, laborers, our vendors and suppliers to coordinate the delivery of tools and supplies to the worksite
- Manage subcontractors and oversee their activities on site
- Coordinate building inspections and communicate with City/Town officials as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Broad knowledge of residential construction, skilled in framing and new construction preferred
- Ability to teach volunteers of varying skill sets
- Ability to interpret residential blueprints & site plans
- Capacity to problem solve to maintain forward progress on complicated projects
- Proven proficiency in peer management
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate clearly and professionally with volunteers, contractors, suppliers, and coworkers. This job demands collaboration with a team of other supervisors, designers, and many other members of the organization
- High school diploma, GED, or Trade School required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- OSHA10 required, OSHA30 preferred
- Minimum 3 years of direct on-site residential construction experience is required
- Experience teaching in any capacity a plus
- Habitat for Humanity or other similar volunteer experience is preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Ability to adequately traverse a residential construction job site (i.e. climbing, lifting, carrying a minimum of 50 lbs., and other similar activities as required)
- Ability to safety use residential construction power tools
- Ability to safely operate a construction vehicle (pickup truck or similar)
- A current Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Report is required
- Basic understanding of email, word & excel documents, pdfs, and other documentation associated with the position
Health Insurance: All Full-time employees are eligible for Health Insurance on the 1st of the month following 60 days from date of hire.
– Anthem Gold Pathway CT PPO Health Insurance provided by Habitat at no cost with option to buy up into more premium plans
-Basic Dental & Vision provided by Habitat at no cost with option to buy into more premium plans
-$10,000 Life Insurance Policy provided by Habitat at no cost for duration of employment
-Health Reimbursement Account with $1,000/year provided by Habitat
-Optional Flexible Savings Account (FSA) available
-Options for group pricing on Supplemental Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance, and premium Dental & Vision plans
Retirement Plans: All employees are eligible to contribute after 3 months (90 Days).
-401K with 4% match after 1 year of employment
-Financial advisor available for planning at no cost
Time Off: New hires that begin emolument during the year will receive credit based on the new hire vacation schedule. Employees must give 2 weeks of notice to their supervisor to request time off.
-13 days of vacation/personal time per year (5 days may be carried over annually)
-6 days of sick time (accrued at .5 days/month and can be carried over annually until cap of 60 days)
-Company shutdown Christmas through New Year’s Eve.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call.